BELIEF the BELIEF SYSTEM:
FEAR motivation and WHAT is Truth?
[This was a study guide written for my sociology class.]
My primary research is a study to elucidate: WHAT IS “belief” and the “belief system?” What is there duality? What “good or bad” has been and is connected to the belief system? What are “rational” and irrational beliefs? What role does fear play in promoting beliefs? What are the psychological ramifications of belief?
I consider the evolution of “intellect” just as important as developing/evolving “intelligence.” Intellect is the thinking/analyzing process that has all the tools of discernment that SHOULD be used when working to learn or realize anything as Truth IN and OF Reality. And most certainly applied before belief or disbelief are invoked.
The danger I have experienced and see in our humanity…is that belief and disbelief are a form of “certainty” that closes the mind and brain to intellect discernment. There is NO thinking discernment in belief…only believing.
I try to steer away from any discussion of the “symptoms” of belief when first presenting a belief psychology study, because symptoms (what is believed as true and real) always becomes to emotional and adversarial. However, I do also work to define what the “symptoms” of belief (cause and effect) are and what part does belief play in mankind’s history, our personal life, society at large, the world population and governments? However, base dialectic elucidating analogy of “what is belief” comes first. The Webster definition of belief does not define what the ancient “belief system” is and there is no study or information of its history.
This is ongoing research so I cannot claim to have any definitive answers yet. Instead…I offer a few statements to open a dialogue/discourse and critical thinking analogy, that hopefully, will help advance belief/system research. The question is…is there any truth, validity or interesting insight to the following statements?
1. Learning how to think and discover with a mind free of opinion, bias, preconceived ideas and beliefs…with a truly open mind, willing to do the many tasks of intellect discernment, is daunting and truly impossible for most people because they/me/we simply have never been shown/taught how and most are stuck in the indoctrinated world of choosing belief or disbelief as their only options. How does the brain rationalize what is real over what is not real?
2. Many people believe that Truth and Reality are conceptual. To me: this is saying we invent in our heads what “reality” is and then believe what we invent is Truth and Reality. Historically, authoritarians spin pure fantasy as Truth and Reality and have forced with physical and mental stratagem…the fantasy “belief system” onto people. Believing that a fantasy is Reality creates huge cognitive dissidence, because the brain truly knows better and is in a constant state of confusion when forced to believe fantasy is Reality. When a person stops believing…the universe of Reality becomes clear and the real work of developing my/our Truth of Reality begins. A brain free of beliefs begins to discover/realize what real Truth and Reality is, separate from fantasy imagination invented or indoctrinated beliefs.
3. The psychology of belief is, that once a person invokes/commits their brain to the belief…it closes the mind to dialectic intellect discernment, logic and reason. Any attempt to change the belief is repelled with anger, rage even physical harm. Belief is a horrifically dangerous mental tool that is used without a full understanding of its dangerous potential. Belief is not yet being recognized for the 5000 years of insanity it has wrought on mankind (this a part of a symptom study).
4. When belief and disbelief are taken out of the equation…the universe begins to reveal itself. Most people cannot fathom NOT having beliefs…even though it is obvious that beliefs are what has been and IS controlling us. We are protecting our “belief system” abuser…this is a form of Stockholm syndrome delusion or insanity.
5. My use of big T and R. I try to separate mans invented truth and reality from what I call “real” Truth IN Reality. Truth does not exist in the universe so a search for it is futile. Reality…IS…the universe and what we learn of it becomes our personal Truth. Truth exists inside each of us. A “perfect” Truth or knowing of Reality…would be a perfect realization of the universe itself called Reality. We evolve personal Truth of Reality.
I think we have a long way to go to realizing perfect Truth of Reality incite, however, it is a MOST admirable and desirable quest…which epitomizes this study and research. Why waste brain energy on belief/disbelief when all we end up doing is defending it or killing each other over it and not learning anything new, thus blocking mankind’s path to evolving true humanity and a balanced mind of our ancient primary thinking mind of imagination- that SHOULD be controlled by intellect discernment in an advanced race of intelligent beings?
Is it time to change the way mankind is “thinking?” How do we accomplish this? Belief accepts what it is told to believe and never questions. Beliefs and the belief system are ancient antiquated authoritarian “indoctrinated into us” stratagem of control meant to stop a person from analytical thinking, often times with war and genocide, this a part of the ongoing cause and effect study of repressing true knowledge and reason.